| || || | Reggaeton dance is a popular dance that has Latin roots. It gained a lot of popularity among young dancers during the 1990s. There are many different dance moves to incorporate into reggaeton dance.
The thrash is one of these moves.
- Stretch. Reggaeton is a very muscular dance that requires the extensive use of the leg and arm muscles. One must be flexible when reggaeton dancing. Therefore, to prevent injury and to be more flexible, stretch good before beginning the reggaeton dance.
- Stand with your feet spread apart at shoulder's length. Slightly bend your knees and place your hands on top of your knees. Look forward.
- Sway your upper body from left to right in a thrashing motion. Swing your head at the same time as you sway your body.
- Hop to the right one step while continuing to trash side by side. After a few seconds, hop back to the left while continuing to trash side by side.
- Release your hands from your knees while thrashing if you desire. At this point, you can do other moves with your arms such as swinging them down in front of you. However, your thrashing should always be continuous and should not stop at any point until you are ready to change dance moves.
Illustration from Clyde Mendes column at Salsa TV, Singapore