The waltz is an excellent dance to learn, and it can teach an individual balance and class. This popular dance became fashionable in the 1780s in Vienna and then gained popularity in other countries. The waltz also contains various folk and ballroom dance moves, and it can also be great exercise for kids and adults. Learn how to perform basic steps so you can master the waltz.
- Step 1 Get into something more comfortable before you begin performing basic waltz steps. Wear loose clothing such as skirts, loose pants and some comfortable shoes.
- Step 2 Recognize that the most important feature in a waltz is your posture. Stand up straight and keep your shoulders back. You can do this with a partner. Make a frame by putting one hand up and one hand out towards your partner.
- Step 3 Make sure your partner fits into the frame you have built. They then interlock hands with you and become the picture in the frame.
- Step 4 Move your left leg first towards you partner. You partner, also called the picture, is supposed to move their feet according to your lead. Move your left foot down and then up, or backwards to where you began. This basic move is done in 3 steps.
- Step 5 Practice doing the moves by yourself. You will begin to realize you are moving in a square-like fashion. Keep repeating these steps. Heel to heel, then toe to toe. Once you have practiced these moves, then you can try them out on a dance floor.
Learn To Dance Waltz Volume 1: A complete Beginner's Guide To Dancing The Waltz
Price: $39.95 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping