| || |
El hombre dominicano es machista, quiere que sus órdenes sean cumplidas. Pero a sus mujeres no les gusta cumplirlas, y de alli vienen sus pleitos. Bachata es una defensa de los hombres.
| || || | The sweetheart position, also called the cuddle or skater's position, is used for the chase after a combination in the merengue. The dancers are positioned side by side, holding each other closely as they turn in a circle as if the man is chasing the woman.
- Begin with the basic merengue dance pattern. Push the woman away, releasing her shoulder and taking her left hand in your right by the end of count 8.
- Indicate that you want to move into the sweetheart position by guiding the woman's right arm across her body while keeping her left hand at waist level. Don't grip her hands too tightly; instead, allow her to turn her hands in yours as she turns.
- Allow the woman to turn under your left arm while you move up to dance beside her. Your right arm will be around her waist, holding her left hand, and her right hand will be holding your left hand.
- Raise your left arm over the woman's head and allow her to turn under it until you are facing each other in the open position (holding both hands). Return to the basic dance pattern or begin another combination.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 from section 1.
- Release the woman's right hand and allow her to complete two turns to her right, "unwinding" herself from the sweetheart position. The second turn will be under your right arm.
- Return to the basic dance pattern or begin another combination