Jive Dancing Steps with a Partner
The jive is an energetic dance to do with a partner. It begins with a simple pattern repeated over and over. But, within this pattern of two steps and a rock back, you and your partner can do many variations and turns.
- Start the jive dancing steps with a partner with the left foot if you are the man, and the right foot if you are the woman.
- Walk back by putting your left foot behind your right foot if you are the man, and your right foot behind your left foot if you are the woman. Both of you will turn your torsos so you are no longer squarely facing each other, but turned a little at an angle.
- Move to the left by stepping twice with your left foot and sliding your right foot to join it if you are the man. You will step right twice with your right foot if you are the woman, and slide your left foot to meet your right foot. Face your partner as you're dancing this portion of the jive.
- Step twice to the right with your right foot if you are the man, and slide your left foot next to it. Do the opposite if you are the woman.
- Rock back again with your left foot if you are the man, and rock back with your right foot if you are the woman. Turn your torsos out as in Step 2.
- Turn around in a circle facing each other while doing the same steps when dancing the jive with a partner.
- Work with your partner to do the jive dancing steps until you both feel comfortable with them, and are able to do them with the music.
- Add more turns and other moves to the jive dancing steps with your partner. As long as you keep the same pattern going, you can find that you and your partner can do many variations of the jive together.
How To Jive & Rock n Roll / Kav Kavanaugh
Price: $17.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25
You Save: $2.00 (10%)